Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11th, Psalm 34:1-7





Psalm 34:1-7


Good morning!  I am trying to keep these short for you because I know we sometimes just want a quick little read because we are in a hurry to get to work or school or where ever.  We want something that will help us.  Something that will fill our minds with the truth.  Something that we can trust.  God's Word is all of those things and much more.  Here is a short version of what I get out of these verses when I read them.


Verse 1:  I need to bless the Lord at all times or hold Him in reverence or honor Him in worship or enjoy being in His presence.  His praises should continually be in my mouth.  


Verse 2:  Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord, I need to boast in the Lord and the humble will hear it.


Verse 3:  Magnify the Lord with me.  Let us exalt His name together.  Do just what it says.


Verse 4:  I looked for, searched for the Lord, He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.  


Verse 5:  Look to Him and be radiant and never be ashamed.


Verse 6:  This poor man (me) cried and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.


Verse 7:  A messenger of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them.




Do we, do I believe these things to be true?  I say I do but does my life say I believe them?  Lord, help my unbelief, please.  

No comments:

Post a Comment