Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 28th Psalm 47

I love to pray while I am reading the word.  Teach me, please Lord.  I pray in Jesus name. Amen.


Psalm 47 in bold


1)O clap your hands, all peoples;
Shout to God with the voice of joy.
(me)Lord help me be excited and joyful in You.
2)For the Lord Most High is to be feared,
A great King over all the earth.
(me)Help me fear You and I know You are THE great King of heaven and earth.
3)He subdues people under us
And nations under our feet.
(me)Yes, Lord.
4)He chooses our inheritance for us,
The glory of Jacob whom He loves.
(me)Yes, You choose for me.
5)God has ascended with a shout,
The Lord, with the sound of a trumpet.
6)Sing praises to God, sing praises;
Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
(me)Help me praise You Lord.
7)For God is the King of all the earth;
Sing praises with a skillful psalm.
(me)You are the King of Kings, Lord.
8)God reigns over the nations,
God sits on His holy throne.
(me)Yes God, You reign and are sovereign over all.
9)The princes of the people have assembled themselves as the people of the God of Abraham,
For the shields of the earth belong to God;
He is highly exalted.
(me)I exalt You O Lord, King.  Thank You that You even think of me.  Help me bow down to You and get rid of my pride and thinking I can run things on my own.  Help me do things Your way.  Your not a King as we know kings.  You are a good King, a loving King, one that does not lie to us.  One that is trustworthy to do good for us.  You know all things and are not swayed by others. You Oh King are wonderful, mighty and powerful and we can trust You.  There is no good in a King that is not trustworthy.  Truth is in Your mouth and You speak Truth only. Sometimes we don't want to hear it but it is always good for us and for our best.  That is what You want for us.  We belong to You.  You are our Father, our creator and You know us intimately.  You know what we need and You care about what we need.  You know what makes us happy.  Obeying You is what makes us happy.  Your goal for us is not for us to be happy.  Your goal for us is that we will trust You and obey You because You know that if we do that, then we will be truly happy.  So obedience is more important than being happy.  With obedience comes freedom and happiness.  Help me Lord to obey You.  You do not force us to obey or love You.  We have the freedom to choose.  I choose to obey and love You because I want to and because You have first loved me when I was unlovable.  Help me love You and others more. Help me love others like You do.  I pray these things for my children and for all my family also.  I pray these things in Your precious name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment