Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4th Psalm 31:16-20

Psalm 31:16-20

What God's Word teaches me.

Verse 16:  I may ask the Lord to shine His face on me.
                 I may ask Him to save me in His loving kindness.

17:  I may ask that I not be put to shame because I call on the Lord.
       I may ask that the wicked be put to shame and be silenced.
       It doesn't seem right to ask that the wicked be put to shame but I'm sure I don't know what
       that entails.  I would pray they be silenced and stop being wicked, that they turn to Jesus.

18:  I may ask that the lying lips be muted.
       They speak arrogantly against the righteous with pride and contempt.
       I will add that the only way we are righteous is because of Jesus, nothing we can do to be that way.

19:  You goodness is GREAT!
       Which you have stored up for those who fear You.  :)
       Which you have put together for those who take refuge in You.  :)
       Before whomever, you are greater than all and protect us from all.
       Nothing happens that you do not allow and see, which can be disturbing if we do not trust You.

20:  You hide me in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man.
       What a comfort that is.  That You keep me so close and protected, thank you!!!!
       You keep me/us, those You call Your own, secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues.
       Oh thank you Lord for Your rich wonderful promises.  How can I thank You enough.
       You do so much and I don't even know it.  Your love for me is irresistible.
       Thank You dear Jesus for all You do.
       In Your name I pray.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment