Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7th, Psalm 32

Psalm 32 


I like to summarize for myself what I can take from reading the holy Word of God.  Teach me Your Word oh Lord, please.  I pray in Your name.  


Verse 1:  How blessed is he or am I whose sin is forgiven, whose sin is covered or how this promotes or contributes to my or our happiness and well-being when we know that our sins are forgiven because of Jesus, it is not because of anything we or I have done, it is a gift.  


Verse 2:  How blessed or happy is the man or woman whom the Lord does not impute or ascribe or attribute iniquity to.  In whose spirit there is no deceit.  Since if I am or we are the Lord's, we have His spirit in us, we have no deceit.  In whose spirit there is no deceit.  There is no deceit in the Spirit of the Lord which is in me/us.  There is much deceit in me or us.  I have to die to self and let His spirit live through me.  We have the mind of Christ.  Do I believe Your Word Lord, help me believe all of Your Word not just the easy parts that I like, but all of Your Truth. Your Word is Truth.  


Verse 3:  The Lord made me/us so that sin is suppose to draw us to Him but from the beginning of time, we want to hid from God and others when we sin.  We want to keep sin a secret and it makes us waste away and we are miserable but we need to turn to Him because He knows all things already and He knew ahead of time each time we would sin, each decision we would make and yet He loves us anyway.  He accepts us in our pitiful state and He wants us to turn to him and He will help and give grace because there is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus as Thessalonians says.  


Verse 4:  Your hand dear Lord convicts us when we sin and it drains us.


Verse 5:  Then hopefully, I acknowledge my sin to You and hopefully, my sin I      do not hide from You any more. 
               You forgive the guilt of my sin.


Verse 6:  So then, let everyone who knows You pray to You while we can.


Verse 7:  You are my hiding place, You preserve me from trouble.  You surround me with the songs of 
               deliverance or the hope of deliverance which makes me want to sing to You.


Verse 8:  You will instruct me and teach me in the way which I should go.  You will counsel me with
               Your eye upon me.  What a comfort this verse is to me Oh Lord.  Thank You!!!!!


Verse 9:  Oh Lord, I know that I can be like a horse or mule with no understanding and You have to 
               bit and bridle me to hold me in check, help me not be like that.  Help me be quick to do what 
               You want because I know that Your ways lead to happiness and to You.  Help me not be stubborn.


Verse 10:  Many are the sorrows of the wicked.
                But he who trusts in the Lord, loving kindness shall surround me/us.  Thank you so much oh Lord.


Verse 11:  Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you that are righteous only because   of Jesus, it is because of 
                nothing we have done.
                Shout for joy!!!!!  Yes there is much to be joyful for.  God is so wonderful and so so good to us
                


Just think, if I would not have read His Word today, how much I would have missed out on.  Thank You Lord for all You do for me and those You call Your own.  



No comments:

Post a Comment