Monday, July 31, 2017

Proverbs 30:2-5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Surely I am more stupid than any man,
And I do not have the understanding of a man.
Neither have I learned wisdom,
Nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has ascended into heaven and descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has wrapped the waters in [b]His garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name or His son’s name?
Surely you know!
Every word of God is tested;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.


In verse 2, “Surely I am more stupid than any man, and I do not have the understanding of a man. How many times have I known that and felt like that? Way too many to count. I find it comforting knowing it is in the book of truth. 

Verse 3, but I want to learn wisdom and I want to know the Holy One.

Verse 4 He gathers the wind in His fist. He is the One who is in control of all things. He gathers the waters in His garment. In fact, He can gather the water in anything He wants. He is the Creator of all things. He established all the ends of the earth. What's His name and His son’s name? Jesus is His son’s name and God the Father is His name. 

Verse 5 He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. There could not be a better shield. 


Dear Lord, Please help me to always take refuge in You. I want to learn Your wisdom and I want to know more about You. Please teach me. I pray these things in Jesus name. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment